Take Flight: A Comprehensive Intervention for Students with Dyslexia
- A two-year curriculum written by the staff of the Luke Waites Center for Dyslexia and Learning Disorders
- Contains the five components of effective reading instruction identified by research from the National Reading Panel
Take Flight was designed for:
- children with dyslexia seven years and older
- one-on-one or small group instruction (no more than 6 students)
- use by a Certified Academic Language Therapist
- instruction four days a week – sixty minutes per day for two years
instruction five days a week - forty five minutes per day for two years
Take Flight key findings include:
- Students that complete Take Flight instruction show significant growth in all areas of reading skill.
- Follow-up research on children who completed treatment indicates that students maintain the benefits of instruction on word reading skills and continue to improve in reading comprehension after one year.
For more information: Take Flight: A Comprehensive Intervention for Students with Dyslexia.