Beyond the Basics: School-Based Identification of Dyslexia in Texas
Online registration for this event is no longer available.
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is offering a seminar for dyslexia designees, dyslexia resource persons, assessment personnel and educators responsible for administering tests and performance measures and/or using results to identify students with dyslexia and recommend placement. This seminar is specifically designed for those with experience in the dyslexia identification process who would like to review, refine and update their knowledge.
The seminar will highlight:
- The foundation of the definition of dyslexia as a guide to data gathering and interpretation
- Data gathering and data review, including parent and teacher questionnaires
- Inclusion and interpretation of early reading assessments
- Inclusion and interpretation of Response to Intervention (RtI) data in identification of dyslexia and in progress measures of interventions
- Student profiles that require more in‐depth interpretation for the identification of dyslexia, including those with complications of ADHD and oral language disorders
NOTE: Many previous participants have found that the most valuable aspect of the seminar is the opportunity to submit your own difficult and confusing case profiles and data. Register by October 27, 2015 in order to receive directions about how your student's profile can be included as a part of the seminar.