The Very Basics: School-Based Identification of Dyslexia in Texas
Registration for this event is no longer available.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 214-559-7817.
This seminar is designed for Texas educators who are new to the process and procedures for the identification of students with dyslexia for the purpose of placement in dyslexia intervention programs. The event will be held at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, 2222 Welborn St., Dallas, Texas 75219.
The seminar will include:
- a review of the current research-based definition of dyslexia
- a brief introduction to test instruments for a dyslexia identification test battery
- a definition-based paradigm and profile for dyslexia identification
- the core principles of dyslexia identification, including standards of measurement, data gathering, review of early reading assessments and Response to Intervention (RtI) progress measurements
- case studies that allow the participants to recognize the characteristic profiles of students with dyslexia and to make decisions regarding placement
- examples of definition-based teacher and parent questionnaires
For training on test instruments, see Region 10 ESC or local ESC.