Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children offers seminars for Texas educators who are responsible for administering tests and performance measures and/or using the results to identify students with dyslexia and recommend placement. The seminar is based upon the laws, procedures and guidelines governing Texas public schools.
These seminars will highlight:
- The foundation of the definition of dyslexia as a guide to data gathering and interpretation
- Data gathering and data review, including parent and teacher questionnaires
- Inclusion and interpretation of early reading assessments
- Inclusion and interpretation of Response to Intervention (RtI) data in identification of dyslexia and in progress monitoring of interventions
- Development of student profiles and interpretation for the identification of dyslexia